Monday, April 5, 2010

...like a bad habit.


Today I rode with my friends Adam (in the picture) and Bryce, two outstanding athletes and cyclists. I was dropped and dropped hard. It wasn't a gentle pedagogical drop as much as an ass-kickingly decisive and unceremonious drop. I know the whole "size of fish/size of pond" thing and say what you will, but this has never happened to me in this way nor to this degree. I didn't bonk. I didn't have a mechanical. I didn't give up. They didn't out descend or out climb me. I didn't pull through once and every available muscular fiber in my legs was screaming to stay on their wheels, and just like that they up and rode off without me. They outgunned me in a big way. It was at once sobering and motivating. Again I am reminded of how far I have to go to be where I want to be, but now I'm one drop closer. Montana: 2 Ryan Alexander: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors